Perform diverse duties on industrial packaging equipment including installation, troubleshooting, repairing, and replacing damaged or defective parts in a safe manner and in a hygienic environment. Meet or exceed manufacturing schedules by maintaining the industrial equipment, assisting the line machine operators with troubleshooting, and keeping in line with the preventive maintenance schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform diversified duties to install and maintain production packaging equipment and facility equipment and systems.
- Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production runs.
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of facility equipment and production equipment.
- Mechanical repair includes pneumatics, electrical, mechanical, robotics, and conveyer systems on production equipment and facility equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and electrical blueprints.
- Diagnose issues, repair, and replace parts, test and make necessary adjustments.
- Follow preventive maintenance schedule to keep facility equipment and production equipment at peak performance.
- Perform a variety of fabrication duties, when necessary
- Troubleshoot and diagnose programmable logic controls (PLCs)
- Detect faulty parts or equipment before failure, when possible
- Effective entry of work orders in computerized maintenance management software (CMMS)
- Use a variety of hand tools, power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Effective operation of computer, keyboard, mouse, tablet, HMI, and cameras
- Effectively communicate with members of staff at all levels in a professional manner
- Perpetuate a team-player attitude by sharing knowledge across job-titles.
- Perform some training duties to production line workers and maintenance team members.
- Actively participate in company safety meetings and be a proponent of employee safety
- Follow all GMPs and all other company quality and food safety programs as they relate to the maintenance department.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Subject matter expert in fabrication, mechanical, electrical, or technical
- CMMS proficiency and inventory proficiency
- Communication skills
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday-Thursday: 3p.m.—1a.m. and Friday: as needed for PM, subject to business needs.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and completion of at least 7 years (or equivalent) in an industrial maintenance role with food manufacturing and packaging experience (form-fill-seal) preferred and highly desired.
- Must have at least 3 years’ mechanical experience (or equivalent) in an industrial maintenance role.
- Must have at least 2 years’ electrical or technical experience (or equivalent) in an industrial maintenance role.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge and Skills:
Outstanding written and verbal communications skills, bi-lingual English/Spanish a plus, but not essential. Must be able to operate a computer, tablet, HMI, and cameras.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Approximately 90% of work is performed in a refrigerated or sub-zero environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, twisting, feeling, fingering, crouching, crawling, and climbing during the entirety of shift. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 lbs. Vision abilities require close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus with or without corrective lenses. This position works with a variety of tools that vibrate.
Click here to apply online
- Health Care – (Health/Dental/Vision)
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays (including Birthday and Anniversary)
- Boot Program
- 401K Program