Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Production Group Controller
- Full Time 6 month Temporary Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Magellan Aerospace are looking for a Production Group Controller to join our production team. Our successful candidates will be responsible for end to end management of certain product groups to achieve and maintain on time supply
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Work with production to prioritise and expedite works orders through various stages
- Main point of contact for responsible product groups
- Provide promise dates and recovery plans and report out on problem parts
- Communication with other departments and plants, including escalation of any potential disruption
- Identify areas for improvement and streamline of processes
- Prepare weekly communications pack and attend meetings
- Recover / maintain product group on time delivery to customer and buffer build
- Monitor and analyse lead times
- Support new production developments / introduction
- Good standard of education GCSE grade C or above
- Previous experience in managing manufacturing scheduling or similar
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Computer literate including Microsoft Excel, EFACS/SAP, MRP
- Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Work well under pressure / fast pace environment
- Prioritise tasks effectively
- Use initiative
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!