Duties & Responsibilities
We represent one of the most stable and fastest growing Fortune 200 manufacturing companies in the U.S. In this lean manufacturing environment, hard work is rewarded with above average compensation and benefits. Our client believes that teamwork and safety are critical to their work environment. This company is looking for people who desire to build a long-term career. The company has never had a layoff in their 50-plus year history and advancement opportunities are abundant for solid performers. Our client is environmentally friendly and is the nation's largest recycler of scrap steel.
We are searching for a Production Foreman - Rebar to join our client’s growing team.Application Instructions: Instead of using the online application, please email your resume directly to Derek Collins at Derek@zsgtalent.com
- Assist the Branch Shop Manager to carry out the functions of the fabrication shop. Ensure safe and efficient work flow by supervising shop staff and overseeing production.
- Responsible for all processes, equipment, employees, safety and housekeeping of the area, and meeting production quality and quantity standards
- Supervise all personnel and operations
- Oversee daily work assignments, and work schedules so that the most efficient use is made of all resources and equipment
- Troubleshoot production problems encountered by workers so that delays are minimized and equipment functions as safely and efficiently as possible
- Oversee maintenance on shop equipment so that downtime is minimized and equipment functions as safely as possible
- Perform quality inspections of completed work so that the correct quantity of correctly fabricated and correctly tagged material will be shipped to the proper customer's destination
- Assist in the evaluation of employees
- Perform various jobs such as operation of sheer, bender, crane operator, car puller, fork-lift operator, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in a rebar shop or manufacturing setting or equivalent
- 2+ years of previous supervisor experience in a manufacturing setting or equivalent
- Ability to operate all shop equipment
- OSHA 10 Certificate
- High School diploma, GED or state/local equivalent
- OSHA 30 Certificate
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Extended hours may be required during peak production
- Occasional travel may be necessary
- Must be able to work any shift
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary