Magellan Aerospace Blackpool has an exciting opportunity for a Production Engineer
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week. Mon - Thurs 07:30 - 16:30 / Fri 07:30-13:30
- Job location: Blackpool Business Park, Amy Johnson Way, Blackpool, FY4 2RP
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
- To deliver the Production departments support requirements of the manufacturing processes within the organisation.
- To support the resolution of engineering, quality and production issues and responsibilities to enable the daily manufacturing to continue to delivered the required output
- To interface between the production department, quality department and engineering department.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Attend daily production and MRB meetings to gather, actions and delivery requirements to maintain production.
- Liaise between engineering, quality and production departments to relay any medium/long term support requirements.
- Support any machine tool issues and engage with machine tool suppliers to resolve
- Support any tooling issues and engage with tooling suppliers and tooling engineer to resolve
- Support prove outs of NPI / optimisations and process improvements as requested
- Keep up to date with current and developing engineering processes and methods
- Ensure engineering policies and procedures are being adhered to on the shop floor
- Support for Plant/equipment introduction or transfer when required
- Build good working relationships with production to ensure all support requirements are met
- Fulfil training programs deemed necessary to allow efficient performance of duties and assist in your own personal development
- To take a responsible approach to health and safety, and environmental risks in relation to your own job role, and to control the risks or report them to management as appropriate
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with your job position
- Support MOS requirements
- Any other duties deemed acceptable by the manager to support the business
- Must have completed a recognised apprenticeship
- Minimum 5 years experience on shop floor/engineering role
- Minimum 5 years experience with CAD-CAM software
- Aerospace experience would be an advantage
- Must have understanding of 3, 4, and 5 axis machining and turning. Must have core engineering competencies and knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong IT skills
- Team work
- Influencing skills
- To work independently
- Communicate effectively using different methods to different stakeholders.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!