To administer and coordinate the execution of activities of the plant operational requirements. In carrying out the duties of this position, a primary objective is to improve the value of all Company assets at the Plant through increased performance and lower operating costs while ensuring that all products meet quality standards within budget guidelines.
As part of the team, the Production Coordinator also has a contribution regarding the establishment of plant policies and procedures concerning the production department and general operations. The incumbent has a responsibility to develop effective employee relations, competent subordinates, and collaborative relations between the Production employees and other departments.
- Understand and comply with Environmental and Health & Safety policies to assure that environmental and health & safety issues are the first priority of the business.
- Actively support key safety initiatives at the facility and assist as needed to improve Environmental and Health & Safety performance.
- Responsible for all plant operations.
- Employee must be capable of analyzing and forecasting production requirements.
- Must ensure effective planning and work scheduling by subordinates to accomplish Production objectives in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Incumbent will function as the primary point of contact for the production department regarding operational requirements. Effective communication skills are essential.
- The Production Coordinator schedules, coordinates, minimizes the impact on production, and oversees the plant's production activities.
- In coordination with the other plant functions, establishes the production department's daily, weekly, and monthly work schedules.
- Assists other departments with developing and implementing major turnaround schedules.
- Responsible for developing an effective production organization and defining the staffing level to meet the Production requirements.
- Develops and manages systems to administer and control the use of contractors.
- Establishes realistic performance objectives and provides ongoing review of performance for subordinates.
- Responsible for developing a competent, effective staff through effective leadership which includes selection, training, development, performance appraisals, and disciplinary matters.
- Budget responsibility for plant operations, contractor work, and overtime.
- Responsible for investigation of new methods and procedures that will improve manpower and Production efficiencies.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or technical field is preferred, however substantial work experience in a cement or related product manufacturing environment may substitute for education.
- Minimum of five years related experience in a heavy industry/mining environment, sufficient to understand the work to be coordinated.
- Experience in a cement plant or other heavy industry is highly preferred with specific knowledge of quarrying, drying, milling, shipping, and control room operation.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated the ability for effective working relationships, including the ability to influence.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- Well developed leadership capabilities.
- Good troubleshooting, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Solid computer skills (Excel, Word, CMMS, Outlook, etc).