Magellan Aerospace has an exciting career opportunity for a full-time permanent Production Controller at our plant in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Production Controller monitors the execution stage of the production plan. They control the shop floor production plan from the release fence through to completion of the shop order. This role works closely with manufacturing /operations personnel, the Material Planner, and the Supplier Scheduler to ensure the proper phasing and scheduling of detail shop orders through the required resources. The role is also the focal point for induction of Shop Order amendment activities, as required, to support manufacturing MRB activities. The primary goal of this position is to provide daily MOS Priority and MOS Dispatch Lists to the Work Centers. The role also identifies bottleneck resources using capacity planning tools for manufacturing management and recommend actions needed to correct.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Distribute daily MOS Priority Lists and MOS Dispatch Lists to the work centers in the assigned area.
- Liaise and manage the implementation of shop order split cards, amendments, and shop order activities to support the daily objectives of the shop floor work in the assigned area.
- Ensure that the daily manufacturing operations are scheduled to achieve the planned work order completion date. Track the execution of the schedule and advise the manufacturing management when the schedule is at risk.
- Develop and maintain a balanced Capacity Resource Plan through coordination with Operations personnel and the Master Scheduler.
- Track and report on-time metrics for each work center including sub-contract resources (SCA).
- Communicate irresolvable delays on shop orders to the Material Planner for scheduled due date adjustment.
- Support systems enhancement and migration activities to introduce new and better solutions utilizing the MRP systems.
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Grade XII diploma combined with post-secondary education, or 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- Completion of or enrollment in APICS/CPIM will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated capability with MRP systems and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.