Magellan Aerospace, Greyabbey has an exciting opportunity for Production Controller
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Greyabbey, County Down BT22 2QE
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To manage and maintain a cohesive relationship between the company and the customer on a day to day basis ensuring the contractual commitments are met. This involves working on own initiative to prescribed procedures and requires little supervision other than for priorities as required by the Operations Support Manager
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To provide a range of operational reports consisting of delivery performance and weekly analysis
- To liaise with Planning to ensure delivery to customer schedule requirements
- To manage risks associated with customer requirements and to escalate any issues to the Operations Support Manager
- To ensure compliance to defined and agreed customer / company KPIs, objectives, target and goals
- To seek out and recommend continuous improvement methods to improve and enhance the service provided to the customer and to maintain competitive advantage
- To maintain the sales order book and catalogue line of balance sheets (CATLOBs)
- To attend weekly/monthly LOB reviews with customer as required
- To ensure data integrity of master records are correct within SAP and to arrange for updating as required
- Ensure accurate management of agreed customer schedule
- To liaise with the internal teams to provide updates to any change to requirements of the agreed customer schedule and company priorities in line with MOS
- Minimum higher education in Business Studies / Business Administration / Customer Relations
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in an administration / customer delivery role.
- Experience within Manufacturing and/or planning environment desirable but not essential
Other Skills/Abilities/Personal Attributes:
- High level of IT skills, experience utilising Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High degree of problem solving, communication, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent customer facing skills and ability to interface with all level within internal departments
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!