Oversees the execution of the production and material plan in support of the plant level loaded schedule, customer demand and forecasts, and sales and inventory goals.
Requirements:One year certificate from college or vocational school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Assists in monitoring proper planning on shop orders to help ensure efficient movement of parts and material through the shop and that proper material traceability is maintained.
- Monitors queue and move times on production floor and develops plans to reduce and improve
- Helps prioritize orders at the work center level in support of customer demand and the master production schedule
- Manages and trains personnel in proper material handling practices throughout the shop; implements production flow systems and improvements based on industry best-practices wherever possible.
- Works with Manufacturing Support to ensure proper inventory and shop order transactions are executed in MRP system
- Manages and trains personnel in the shipping and receiving procedures; oversees the shipping and receiving department, material input and outputs, material staging areas, etc.
- Helps coordinate material flow and prioritization through Receiving Inspection; troubleshoots issues and collaborates with Quality when necessary.
- Reviews and maintains appropriate inputs and outputs at the work center level to ensure consistent material flow and support of customer demand
- Works with Production and Material Planners, Manufacturing Support, Order Release, Shop Floor Supervisors, and all other functional areas as required, to coordinate, schedule, and prioritize work through work centers in support of the plant level loaded schedule and customer demand in the most efficient manner possible
- Helps develop and administer processes and procedures to improve inventory accuracy, work center utilization, and appropriate overtime deployment
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
- Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
- Employee Engagement Committee
- Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.