The Production Control Planner is responsible for the day to day tactical planning of Production flow, from beginning to end ensuring on time delivery to our customer. Using the Master Schedule and the Shipping Schedule, product and orders are distributed to appropriate departments, along with the order of processing.
Perks & Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
• Generous Company pension plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Company social events including company BBQs, children’s events, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
• Employee Social & Charity Association
• Employee Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Coordinate and lead daily Departmental Status Meeting (7:45am) recapping previous day’s achievements, current targets, arrears, issue/delays in maintenance, manpower, changes to/from Program Management, etc. This will outline the short term schedule for all workcenters.
• Work closely with Master Scheduling to develop production plan.
• Execute production plan with responsible Departments to ensure complete conformance to production schedule.
• Work closely with Shipping to achieve targeted shipping dates.
• Monitor received goods and ensure shop orders are produced in a timely manner, offering hands on support to Production Control Administration where necessary.
• Monitor timely release of materials to work centres & effectively communicate status of any delay for issuing to the next level operation.
• Hands on observation for work in process to achieve on time status (schedule adherence), reporting any delay for progress/succession of parts to Area Supervisors, and helping to remove barriers to plan.
• Provide re-commit dates when production plan not on target, including support to Program.
• Management to complete recovery plans as needed (Ex. Waterfall Charts, 4-Square, Horse Blankets, Part status trackers, etc.).
• Update monthly & quarterly Rolling Ship List outlining current status for all open orders.
• Lead daily Triage & Rework meetings, facilitate Blue & Orange RWK activities through to part rescheduling back into active WIP, including MOCR process.
• Together with Master Scheduler & Materials Manager, participate in monthly Sales Forecasting for Corporate reporting.
• Create Weekly Ship Plan to distribute to Assembly, Inspection, Shipping (at a minimum) & update status daily.
• Provide direction to Procurement to secure timely updates for all Outside Processors, direct priorities accordingly, and action reporting and recovery planning for any delinquent orders.
• Solely responsible for maintaining OTD and expedites for all product to/from MAP NY.
• Lead bi-weekly status meetings (Shipping Meeting) attended by Operations, Program
• Management and Procurement departments to discuss future status & plans
• Other duties as assigned
• Post secondary education in supply chain or business.
• APICS designation preferred.
• 2 – 3 years production control experience.
• 2 – 3 years planning and organizational experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Preferred: Good knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and intermediate knowledge of MS Office Software.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!