Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Production Control Lead
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Work with production to prioritise and expedite works orders through various stages.
- Provide promise dates and recovery plans and report out on problem parts.
- Supervision and leadership of a product group controllers through day to day tasks.
- Prepare weekly communications pack and attend meetings.
- Recover / maintain product group on time delivery to customer and buffer build.
- Support new production developments / introduction.
- Liaise and support the control centre manager and production manager as required.
- Host regular D1 reviews with relevant stakeholders.
- Highlight risks to D1 adherence and allocate actions to necessary departments to resolve/address issues.
- Identify areas for improvement and streamline of processes.
- Monitor and analyse lead times.
- Main point of contact for responsible product groups.
- Adherence to MOS policies and procedures.
- Ensure Control Room KPI’s are updated by relevant departments.
- Optimisation of existing processes and support with implementation of new processes throughout operations.
- Generation of technical reports to suit business requirements.
Good standard of education GCSE grade C or above
- Previous experience in managing manufacturing scheduling or similar.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as an active member of a collaborative team.
- Ability to prioritise work and meet challenging deadlines.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Excel, EFACS/SAP, MRP
- Good verbal and written communication skills at all levels.
- Good time management
- Self motivated
- Work well under pressure / fast pace environment
- Prioritise tasks effectively
- Use initiative
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!