Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Product Stream Leader
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
To develop and manage product and information flow within the product group in accordance with lean methodology to achieve the required KPI's. This role requires strong people leadership and resource management skills to deliver against performance objectives focused on continuous improvement and people development.
Accountable for all operational results related to the product stream from receipt of raw material to delivery of finished goods.
Accountable for reporting and delivering to all KPI's which drive the operation to continuously improve, ensuring the Production Supervisors maintain all key KPI data & visual management boards.
Accountable for contact between the product group and all external stakeholders in the business process (shared resource, sub-contractors etc.) in terms of delivery performance, and quality issues.
Report into Head of Product Streams in regards to all aspects of performance and delivery for the designated value stream.
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Accountable for implementation and sustainment of the company's Health and Safety procedures for all personnel in the product group
- Adhere to risk assessments and as required including process change, engineering change, new plant, etc
- Fully accountable for all aspects of quality from raw material reception through to finished product shipment
- Create and champion improvement plans of all manufacturing processes to enable right first time performance. D Ensure effective problem resolution using relevant data as required
- Accountable for demonstrating awareness and application of relevant company procedures
- Accountable for achieving on time delivery to all external and internal customers within the product group
- Accountable for overall capacity planning of people, machine and tooling requirements to ensure continuous flow through the product group working with the relevant departments for support
- Accountable for defining and implementing flow systems, in line with the Future State Value Stream Map, to meet customers' requirements
- Accountable for a business continuity plan for the product group inclusive of sourcing strategy
- Champion capital expenditures for product group, escalate out of control conditions, and implement recovery plan as needed
- Provide input to Head of Product Stream for budget creation and investment
- Accountable for all communication with Production Supervisors & support functions within product group
- Communicate consistently and effectively to all employees, external suppliers, management team and customers as appropriate. Provide appropriate feedback on a regular and as-needed basis
- Actively resolve issues using standard model of leadership behaviour: setting expectations, coaching, recognition, constructive feedback, and escalation where appropriate
- Leading and sponsoring improvement activities using lean methodology, tools, and techniques. Ensure that all team members have equal opportunity to contribute to improvement and identify training needs within the team
- Ensure and enhance a people focussed environment
- Support and monitor the development of all employees within the product group via Appraisals, reviews and feedback
- Ensure Production Supervisors review current skills against predictive requirements and support the development and maintenance of skills matrix of the product group
- Coach and manage direct reports through their Appraisals/Reviews to improve product group performance
- Promote and deliver Employee Involvement (El) through behavioural leadership
- Promote and develop El activities and ensure effective shift start up meetings around SQDCP boards and allocate time for Production Supervisors to lead weekly/monthly EI activities
- Communicate and liaise with the Customer network both internally, cross-plant, cross-function and external all aspects related to the product stream
- Accountable for the operational and organisational management of the team ensuring that all value stream KPI objectives are achieved
- Address performance issues in a timely and appropriate fashion. Where necessary, initiate corrective action
- Report weekly as necessary to Stakeholder network on performance against KPI's and business improvement plans
- Develop systems in the product group to create and monitor flow, evoking standard reaction procedures when flow is disrupted
The job holder should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:-
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Proven and relevant technical background
- Project management qualifications (e.g. PRINCE) with PMI, APM, IPMA is desirable
- Experience in the aerospace industry is essential
- Fluent with Microsoft Project and other Microsoft Office Suite applications is desirable
- Understanding of business management information systems (e.g. SAP).
- Experience in line managing a team of direct reports and demonstrable abilities to grow and develop at team as well lead and direct multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment is desirable
- Directing Others
- Influencing Skills
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Organisation & Planning
- Communication skills
- Risk management, mitigation and costing methodologies.
- Value Stream Mapping
- Proficiency with Earned Value metrics, their derivation and interpretation.
- Proven record of accomplishment in delivering against business objectives.
- Positive attitude
- Passion for driving change
- Strategic Thinker
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Proactive Approach
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!