Our client, a provider of the physical equipment and digital technology solutions required to support global food infrastructure including grain, fertilizer, seed, feed, and food processing systems is currently searching for a Product Owner who will develop the vision, craft the strategy, and lead the design of a new Agricultural Equipment dealer-focused, ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) product. These products are used by dealers to manage all their sales, inventory, product, financial and other data, within their overall business planning software platform.
This new product will transform how their dealers manage data, make decisions, and operate day-to-day. You will utilize your previous farm-equipment dealer experience to actively collect and analyze customer needs to help developers create a robust ERP solution that will change their business. Working with a dedicated team of solution architects, designers, and implementation specialists, you will guide the design of key functions, processes, and features of the new ERP product. Finally, you will oversee the creation of functional specification and documentation as the product is developed and help roll the off3ring out to testing partners and then to a dedicated dealer network at large.
The Product Owner will have the flexibility to work either at our clients office location in Oakville, ON or Work REMOTELY from Home. Our client offers a highly competitive salary with full medical/ dental and other benefits.
The Product Owner’s main duty is to guide the design of a comprehensive ERP solution that match the business processes of their dealers. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead all customer interactions and account management activities
- Spearhead customer discoveries, developing the 'story' that developers would use to build out and focus an ERP system for Ag equipment dealers.
- Liaise with/travel to clients to gather information and design new functions in-line with ongoing business processes and requirements
- Create user stories for developers to work off of
- Lead sales demonstrations back to dealers
- Define customer project scope
- Manage customer implementations and act as an overall liaison
- Generate and manage a funnel for new customer opportunities
The Product Owner must have:
- Lead product design and creation
- Translate dealer wants/needs into functional documentation with the support of a design and implantation team
- Design Microsoft Dynamics Business Central solutions in all functional areas relevant to agriculture equipment dealers
- Help build specifications, design data maps, and other tools as required
- Test software releases and functions both in-house and at testing dealers
- Support integration of new and existing technology into the ERP
- Assist in documentation for internal review
- Serve as internal resource for other users
- 8+ years of experience working with or for agriculture equipment dealers
- Experience in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of agriculture equipment dealers
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics Business Central
- Previous end user of an ERP system a plus
- Project Management experience
- Great communication skills
- Ability to see and manage big picture
- MS Office skills such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
If this sounds like the kind of Product Owner opportunity you personally might like more information on, contact Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Know someone else who may be interested? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada in order to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada cannot be retained in our database.