Steel Manufacturer in the Mid-Atlantic Region is seeking a Product Metallurgist/Quality System Coordinator. This successful candidate will drive product quality by providing excellent customer service and assisting the sales team. This individual must be able to drive quality and process improvements, resolve quality claims, and serve as a technical liaison. In addition, this position will manage all compliance requirements for various industry certifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Help maintain safe work environment.
- Provide technical support to customers and sales, assisting with product quality and claims.
- Follow up on all claims with various departments, working to get resolution for customers.
- Work with customer to provide proper test reports and requirements.
- Manage all audits for ABS, ISO, DOTs, etc.
- Manage internal audits of quality system
- Update/input steel grade chemistries.
- Ability to create and maintain a safe work environment for self and crews
- Relevant college degree (Metallurgical, Material Science, or Chemical Engineering)
- Able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers, developing positive relationship
- Ability to make informed decisions and find assistance when needed
- 5 Year work experience in Steel Production
- Proficiency in various computer programs i.e., Microsoft Office, Axiom, etc.
- Proficiency in database creation and management