Endevis is working with a client who has an exciting opportunity for a Product Metallurgical Engineer.The Product Metallurgical Engineer develops inspection systems to assure that the steel created meets the customer’s expectation and standards.
- Support the Dearborn Works to assure the product produced and shipped meets customer expectations.
- Assist in the disposition of finished produced coils and verify “fitness for use” for intended application.
- Instruct / mentor inspectors on any customer complaints or specific requirements for surface quality for particular end uses.
- Audit coils at the Mill or at Outside Processors to evaluate severity of defects and/or to secure samples for additional testing.
- Investigate sources of defects to identify possible root cause and perform in house quarantines as necessary.
- Assist in any outside quarantine or containment activities based on issues at the customer, processors, or warehouses.
- Track and review aged material in inventory.
- Other duties as assigned
- A degree in metallurgical/ chemical engineering or equivalent experience in flat roll automotive steel products
- Understanding of automotive stampings and steel making processes
- Good problem solving and investigation skills to identify sources of issues
- The ability, with training, to make sound decisions on disposition of products that will meet customer expectations
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
- Based on operational schedules, this position could require some work on weekends, nights, and holidays.
Endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.