The Product Manager is responsible for both product planning and product marketing. This includes managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales, marketing and support to ensure price, volume, market share and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product Manager’s job also includes ensuring that the product and marketing efforts support the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap via multi-generation product/technology plans
- Deliver business cases and product requirements with prioritized features and corresponding justification
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Be an expert with respect to the products, applications, competition and the markets through use of available tools and resources
- Develop the core positioning, value proposition and messaging for the product
- Perform product demos to customers
- Establish pricing strategy to meet revenue and profitability goals, while monitoring and adjusting tactical pricing to ensure compliance
- Deliver a monthly sales forecast and be a critical part of a monthly S&OP process
- Develop sales tools and collateral
- Propose an overall budget to ensure success
- Brief and train the sales force at quarterly sales meetings
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Engineering degree required in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a Product Manager or Product Marketing Manager.
Computer Skills: Skilled with MS Office suite and working knowledge of drawing packages.
Certificates & Licenses: None
Other Requirements: Knowledge of workflow process development, process improvement and documentation.