The Product Manager is responsible for managing a portion of our growing sporting goods equipment line. Understands and develops the product, the marketing strategy and identifies new product opportunities. Takes responsibility for the P & L and all aspects of each product managed. This position also includes occasional international travel.
This role is considered a hybrid role working 3-days in office and 2-days remote.
Reports to the VP Product & Marketing.
• Develop and implement product and marketing strategy for new and existing products.
• Monitor and research current sports equipment trends to determine new product opportunities.
• Take new products from conception to market within a set time frame and budget.
• Understand functional and regulatory product requirements and work with suppliers to achieve them.
• Negotiate costs and production schedules with overseas factories, along with, CAD and patent knowledge.
• Forecast product sales and work with Inventory Analysts to plan inventory levels.
• Establish pricing strategies and analyze profit margins.
• Work with graphic designers on the development of sales materials and packaging design.
• With Senior Product Manager, create and maintain product documentation, including detailed product specification sheets.
• Bachelor’s Degree - in industrial engineering, marketing or business.
• MBA in Industrial design a plus.
• 5+ years of experience in product management / marketing.
• At least 1 year of experience in new product development, including helmets.
• Familiar with foams and plastics performance characteristics.
• Must have an entrepreneurial mind-set.
• Detail oriented with excellent organization and follow-through.
• The ability to quickly adjust priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Practical and quantitative analytical skills.
• The ability to work on cross-functional teams.
• Occasional travel.
• Experience participating in and / or coaching team sports a plus.
A full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays and reimbursement toward gym membership fees.