PURPOSE: The Product Manager is responsible for generation and development of new products, customers and markets for this specialty paper operation in the Great Lakes region. The product manager will manager and seek new products, customers, and markets. This person must possess a unique blend of business and technical acumen, and there is excellent potential for career development and growth.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively search for new customers, product, and market opportunities
- Engage in regular contact with customers
- Responsible for a defined portion of volume, revenue and margin metrics
- As part of the Sales team, you will lead the product development process to define product specifications, required features / benefits and 4p’s (Price, Product, Positioning & Place).
- Provide business intelligence around current/new market segments, sub-segments & technologies
- Identify product and /or service solutions, that meet Company capabilities
- Review existing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products.
- Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Recommends product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
- Developing product pricing and positioning strategies
- Translating product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
- Establish product design characteristics to meet attributes identified by research into customer performance needs and/or OEM specifications.
- Participate in product development and commercialization teams
- Active engagement with other departments, i.e. R&D, Paper Manufacturing, Converting, Quality, Shipping and Customer Satisfaction
- Will work both independently and with others as part of a team
- B.S. Chemical, Paper, Industrial, Mechanical, or related discipline
- 2+ years Product Development and Market Research experience
- Process manufacturing experience minimum, with experience in Paper, Packaging, or Forestry a plus
- Possess expert skills in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, and PowerPoint
- Process oriented with excellent teamwork skills
- Must be able to multi-task effectively and be able to work with numerous disruptions
- Project management skills
Pulp & Paper