Be the champion for an innovative category of biological products and technologies providing proven benefits to North American and International crop producers.
Our client is an innovative, research driven technology company focused on sustainable development. Through leading expertise, modern laboratory facilities and a strong customer focus, they serve a wide range of industries globally by providing efficient services and technologies that improve productivity and quality of life.
They are focused on research and development of biological compounds and technologies for use in agricultural production systems. These technologies deliver bio-stimulation and/or bio-control benefits to agricultural crop producers.
Reporting to the company President, the Product Manager- Biologicals is responsible for the commercialization of new products from the corporate research pipeline. The individual will be responsible for achieving project milestones, developing and implementing “go to market” strategies, and successfully launching new, innovative technologies to customers in North American and international markets. In short, this category of products and division of the company will be yours to manage.
- Prioritize key development projects for full commercialization based on market and business potential
- Develop and implement “go to market” strategies for priority development projects
- Manage the regulatory and registration process with 3rd party regulatory providers
- Organize toll manufacturing and logistics functions supporting product launch
- Coordinate activities with the research team
- Prepare and deliver presentations to and maintain correspondence with clients and partners
- Maintain regular and timely communications with Senior Management via monthly reports
- Deliver results in key performance areas: milestone achievement, cost management, product sales volumes, revenues and profitability
- Monitor, evaluate and report on competitor activities including competitive portfolio, SWOT analysis and make recommendations based on findings/opportunities discovered
- Adhere to and enforce all company policies and procedures.
Your Talent Profile:
- Active, enthusiastic listener as well as effective communicator with superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiator, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and establish mutually agreeable partnerships
- Deadline and detail-oriented, with strong competency in financial and market analysis
- Efficient in project planning, organizing, and implementation
- Competency in marketing / strategic marketing plan development- from inception to completion
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in a similar role within the agricultural industry (crop protection, fertility, seed) is preferred
- University degree in Science, Business, Natural Sciences or Agriculture or other closely related field
- Minimum 7 years industry experience in marketing or commercial development of biological based crop input / fertility products
- Willing to travel frequently across Canada and internationally
- Possess a valid Canadian passport
This position is immediately available and is a unique opportunity to join an industry market leader with a laser focus on customer satisfaction and field-proven technologies created for real world results. Our client offers potential growth opportunities within their fast-paced agri-technology company.
Our client offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, variable opportunity, benefits, RSP, mileage reimbursement, business tools and more. Relocation assistance may also be available.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity you personally might like more information on, either apply now or email Mike Bachner, VP, Practice Leader and Senior Recruiter on this file today (email@example.com) This is an immediate opportunity. Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.