Our client seeks a Product Manager to accept responsibility for timely introduction of plant nutrition products which address a market need and represents a viable business opportunity. Supported by all departments, you will be ultimately responsible for managing new and incremental products throughout their lifecycle – conception through end-of-life. A key component of this role is ensuring that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
- Working with the Marketing Agency to develop the strategy, core positioning and product messaging for the successful product commercialization
- Works closely with the new products/management team to develop a business case for new products, product evolution to existing products to meet both company and market needs.
- Provides product expertise, as the go-to expert for targeted products
- Engage in social media and various marketing initiatives to drive product awareness and sales for the company's portfolio of products.
- Writing technical documents and performing public speaking for both customers and internal staff.
- Working directly with the internal sales, technical and operational teams, along with their customers to provide product training and market insight.
- Work with strategic 3rd partners (where applicable)
- Engage with the research community to keep up to speed n new products along with educating them on company products.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong follow through and organizational skills
- Highly organized with meaningful experience in project management
- Able to communicate technical and business information for the target audience
- Powerful technical skills to interpret data sets and statistical analysis
- Good at business planning
- Effective marketer
- Social media savvy
- Ability to communicate with the research community
- Demonstrated success in launching products that meet business objectives
- Comfort in becoming the subject matter expertise
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Experienced in strategic planning including product launches, product placement, & stewardship.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Product/Project Manager
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products that meet business objectives
- Farming background with solid understanding of the overall agricultural industry
- Bachelor’s degree (Masters an asset) - science focus
- Technical background, with extensive experience in crop nutrients specifically for the broadacre/row crop regions of North America
To apply for this position please click on 'APPLY' and follow the self-serve application process or email your resume to email@example.com Questions may be addressed to Blair at 1.844.778.1031.
Grasslands Recruitment Specialists – Connecting Canadian Agriculture since 1996
Click here to apply online