Product Launch Engineer - Metallurgist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support of plant and company manufacturing process capability improvement activities related to product and material capabilities.
- Involvement in the front-end product realization processes, involving customer specifications, feasibility, product contract and specification review, and Oracle Item builds.
- Participation in product and manufacturing trials in support of product development.
- Collaborative interaction with Sales, Planning, Operations Metallurgy, and customers to properly design and manufacture products.
- Collection, analysis and report-out of data and analysis results related to product development and plant process improvements. This may require the use of statistical methods.
- Develop reports, procedures and training materials, as needed.
The incumbent is expected to understand that all employees have a shared responsibility for the quality of products and related services provided to our customers. Duties and Responsibilities are to be carried out in accordance with the PTCA Quality Management System and its policies, procedures, and work instructions as applicable to the job or function being performed.
Engineering or Associates degree in an Engineering discipline.
3 years minimum experience in product development and/or technical services preferred.
Experience with steelmaking, metalworking and fabricating processes preferred.
Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Core Tools required
MBA, Lean Six Sigma certification would be a plus
Familiarity to use 2D/3D CAD is desirable
Familiarity with and understanding of ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 Quality Management Systems.