A major American steel manufacturer has an opening for an Product Integrity Quality Inspection Engineer who will be responsible for assuring the product produced and shipped meets customer expectations.
- Support the mill's Hot Dip Galvanizing line to assure the product produced and shipped meets customer expectations.
- Assist in the disposition of finished produced coils and verify “fitness for use” for intended application.
- Instruct / mentor inspectors on any customer complaints or specific requirements for surface quality for particular end uses.
- Audit coils at the Mill or at Outside Processors to evaluate severity of defects and/or to secure samples for additional testing.
- Investigate sources of defects to identify possible root cause and perform in house quarantines as necessary.
- Assist in any outside quarantine or containment activities based on issues at the Customer, processors, or warehouses.
- Track and review aged material in inventory. Other duties as assigned
- Based on operational schedules this position could require some work on weekends and/or some off shifts.
- A technical degree or equivalent experience inspecting exposed steel products
- Understanding of automotive stampings and steel making processes
- Good problem solving and investigation skills to identify sources of issues
- The ability, with training, to make sound decisions on disposition of products that will meet customer expectations
- Basic computer knowledge is required.