endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Product Engineering Manager – Autonomous Vehicle.
What we offer:
We are a global pioneer in advanced technologies. Our international, agile and highly collaborative teams aim to accelerate the growth in Autonomous Driving and be the leader in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems. We empower our people and are dedicated to their professional development and growth.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…and then be the pioneer for what comes next.
What you'll do:
Direct the activities of a cross-function team of engineering experts developing Active Safety Systems for automation features ranging from SAE Level 2 to Level 4. Our products will be features to include Cameras, Radars, LiDARs, Thermal Imaging Systems, Mapping Systems, Driver Monitoring Systems and other ADAS ECUs. This specific project is to develop a sophisticated "super-computer" to integrate all active systems for level-4 autonomous vehicles.
- Primary customer interface for all aspects of the project development
- Project Manager acts as the Project Team Lead from quote to launch:
- Commercial: Maintain or improve profitability from sourcing
- Timing : Lead Cross Functional Team in support of project milestones (Internal & Customer)
- Risk Mitigation & Issues Management
- Monitor risks and issues (Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing, Financial) on assigned project
- Mitigate risks, resolve issues with support from the Cross Functional Team
- Escalate and focus management attention as needed
- Manage the project team and deliverables according to Product Development System (APQP-based)
- Schedule and coordinate Cross Functional Team meetings
- Ensure standards are respected in the development process
- Own & update list of open points for internal and customer meetings & facilitate completion of tasks
- Facilitate with plant Quality team the project APQP plan
- Global travel may be required to manufacturing facilities and customer sites.
What you'll bring:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Bachelors Degree required, Bachelor's Science in Engineering required.
- Experience with high-power consumption ECUs a huge plus.
- Experience with high-speed systems a +
- Must have minimum 8 years industry experience
- Project Management experience (MS Project skills would be an asset)
- Strong understanding of product development process
- Manufacturing & quality experience in automotive industry
- Electronics experience preferred