endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
- Develop product design proposals to meet customer specifications and test requirements.
- Lead all product development and validation activities including: DFMEA, design reviews, drawing and model creation (CAD), finite element analysis (FEA), prototype builds, DV/PV testing, NVH verification, design for manufacturing, and key supplier development.
- Develop and maintain standard product catalogs.
- Work with manufacturing plants and suppliers to improve design for manufacturing and assembly.
- Evaluate and provide disposition of engineering change requests and deviation requests.
- Develop and support cost savings initiatives and supplier complexity reduction strategies.
- Provide technical support to Applications Engineering during all phases of vehicle development including: pre-sourcing, vehicle validation, product validation, vehicle start of production (SOP), and post-SOP.
- Communicate all engineering and development issues as needed to Dana internal functions – Program Management, Sales, Manufacturing, Test Lab, Quality, Warranty, and Engineering Management.
- Prepare and conduct technical presentations (Customer and Dana internal)
- Prepare and present test reports confirming requirements have been met.
- Prepare and present damage analysis and other various engineering analysis to demonstrate the integrity of product prior to test.
- Analyze warranty data and develop effective counter measures.
- Support Advanced Program Quality Planning (APQP) activities.
- Education: BSME degree.
- 1-3 years’ experience in driveshaft and/or automotive powertrain related field required
- Experience/Interest in Mechatronics
- Experience in developing and completing product validation plans.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and analytical ability.
- Understanding and experience working with DFMEAs, DVP&R, GD&T and design standards
- Willingness and ability to work extended or irregular hours when necessary.
- Understanding of and/or experience using CAE tools including: ABACUS/FEA/FESAFE
- Must be a self-directed, motivated, and organized individual with strong program management/follow-up skills who is willing to accept multiple responsibilities
- Basic understanding of manufacturing techniques and dimensional capabilities
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.