Product Development Engineer II – Ice and Water
Knoxville, TN Full-time
The Product Development Engineer – Ice and Water functions in a Product Development Department in which the rapid development of highly innovative featured products is required. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide product design engineering expertise for refrigeration appliances that will positively affect and add value into our refrigeration products. Included in these responsibilities is to meet customer expectations by developing the appropriate products and proving proper operation in a timely manner. This position will assure effective engineering performance of projects and assignments and involves development, design, testing, manufacturability, serviceability. The Development Engineer acts as a technical resource to work efficiently and effective with other engineers within the working teams and also working with global development network.
Click here to apply online
- Support product management, marketing and industrial design in identification, analysis and evaluation of luxury refrigerator features.
- Support product quality and safety during development and sustaining engineering of products according to internal guidelines and agency standards (UL, CSA, IEC)
- Working closely with the lab for testing of appliances, parts and assemblies for performance (e.g. air flow, noise, structural integrity, etc.), safety (e.g. temperature, electrical, sharp edges) and reliability (eg. Long time performance) according to test plans
- Create and implement work and test procedures to ensure efficient use of resources
- Support product project teams in implementation of the new refrigeration project features.
- Presenting and discussion of test results to find solutions to problems
- Creation, designing and development of complex parts, assemblies and appliances that are suitable for production and customer service.
- Implementation of new and changed parts into production, preparing Engineering Change Requests (CR)
- Creation of specifications for parts and assemblies, also to support purchasing
- Instructing and leading others in projects/design reviews using the experience and knowledge gained.
- Planning and preparing for worst case studies
- Documentation, analysis and interpretation of test results and tasks
- Release of newly developed or changed parts or appliances after testing
- Support assembly line in Pre-Pilot, Pilot, initial Production and continuing into Production
- Project management (deadlines, driving tasks, managing budgets/timelines)
- Ability to handle multiple projects with different scopes and requirements at the same time.
- Develop and maintain timeline of projects and project related tasks in accordance with BSH PEP (Engineering Development Guideline) and deadlines
- Competitor analysis/benchmarking and design-to-cost (target costing).
- Mentoring/guiding Engineer /Designers.
- Recognition of critical parts and processes
- Generation and analysis of tolerance studies
- Lab testing and product development related to Ice and Water