This full time, permanent Product Engineer will be part of the company's continued focus on developing employees and new products. Employees are promoted from within and like the company focus on career growth while allowing employees to do what they really enjoy. The goal is to have employees who are happy and in a position to be successful. The company has been expanding because of the new products the Product Engineers have been bringing to the marketplace.
The successful candidate will grow their knowledge of product lines and what is important to product performance. This person will then use that information to improve the product and process to deliver new products to customers while reducing existing product costs. Evaluating and comparing competitive products and suppliers will be part of the duties.
The successful candidates will have the following:
· A Bachelors or Masters degree in engineering
· Paper industry experience or a degree in Pulp and Paper Science
· Three years of manufacturing environment experience
· A willingness to travel up to 10%
Preferred but not required experience includes any of the following:
· A degree in Pulp and Paper Science or Chemical Engineering
· Project experience
· Paper industry experience
· Six Sigma training