endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
The primary responsibility of the Product Engineer is to represent our client as the technical expert in front of the Customer. Assist Tier-1 customers and the OEM by providing technical, design, process and product application guidance to meet customer needs. Clearly communicate customer requirements back to the Manufacturing facilities and support New Project Introductions according to the APQP process.
The Product Engineer will work side-by-side with Strategic Account Managers to coordinate efforts to create new opportunities for growth within existing and new potential customers. This role will support the quoting development efforts and proposals from the technical, timing and risk management aspects to best address customer and design needs by providing engineering expertise, and engineering guidance, while identifying new business opportunities and helping grow sales for the organization.
The Product Engineer also amplifies the efficacy of the engineering and manufacturing teams and supports to improve standard processes to assure program goals are achieved from both the customer and company’s standpoints.
- Support the APQP process as primary Technical liaison between the customer Engineering departments and the Facilities.
- Lead communication internally, as the voice of the customer.
- Support new projects from “cradle to grave” to assure continuity with the customer.
- Support the quotation development efforts and assure strong Design for Manufacturability (DfM) and customer product performance targets are integrated into the company’s offering.
- Partner with Account Managers for Technical Selling support in APQP Phase 1 & commercial / Technical risk management throughout the entire life of each project.
- Actively engage in means of improving and optimizing the NPI Process.
- Assist the sales team to identify and create new opportunities for revenue & margin growth within programs, and new potential projects.
- Develop close customer relationships that provide opportunities to routinely interact with Customer Design team to initiate ESD (Early Supplier Development) activities in order to guide new business opportunities to company well in advance of RFQ & part print issuance.
- Lead technical discussions with engineers about costing and lead times to implement Engineering changes.
- Participates with Manufacturing facilities to form multidisciplinary team for review of both product and process designs and ensure that customer requirements are met.
- Coordinates the creation and presentation of Technical reviews.
- Carry out technical presentations at customers. Build up and develop contact to all technical functions of customers.
- Coordinate the distribution of Math data and Engineering specifications and serve as the intermediary/gatekeeper for customer confidential data exchange.
- Prepares and maintains up-to-date engineering records according to APQP.
- Coordinate prototype supply requirements (quantity, delivery, etc.) between location and customer.
- Support new and current customer plant audits.
- Support all customer validation testing.
- Support customer manufacturing facilities visits as needed relative to new product introductions.
- Works closely with Customer Service/Supply Chain Representatives to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Exhibit strong emotional intelligence, interpersonal and leadership skills to build loyalty trust, and commitments from key customer contacts involved with making decisions.
- Embraces a Kaizen mindset relative to product development & launch. Continually searches for means to improve performance & customer satisfaction and institutionalizes improvement opportunities using a Lessons Learned process.
- All other reasonable duties and responsibilities assigned as deemed necessary by Management.
The fundamental candidate characteristics and qualifications are as follows:
- Undergraduate degree in an Engineering related field, preferably in Mechanical Engineering,
- Strong technical background with 3+ years of experience in Aluminum High Pressure Die Casting process and tooling.
- Knowledge of HPDC Gating and runner design, PQ2 diagrams, shot atomization, gate velocity and robust tool design.
- Training and experience in APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, 8D-Report, SPC in addition to IATF16949 requirements.
- Understanding of CNC machining preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and understand geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Strong experience in communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
- Have a proven track record of dealing with competing priorities, resolving ambiguities, and delivering complex projects on-time and within budget.
- Ability to keep the big picture in focus and to provide clear, well-structured, and concise communications tailored to each appropriate audience.
- Must be able to lead and influence project members.
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Passion for great customer service.
- A working knowledge of CAD.
- Exceptional creativity and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and MS Project or similar project management software.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or a Project Management degree are desired.
- Ability to travel to meet with customers and to support the plants as needed.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.