Production Development Manager will lead the product development along with all phases of new product development and the product formulation process from detail design to production. Production Development Manager will work hand in hand with Managing Director maintaining contact and working relationships with all persons such as clients, vendors, and team members.
The essential responsibilities of the position are listed below in the following key areas:
- Responsible for managing the product development process from new product innovation to completion of production for all new product launches and formulations.
- Develop and meet with suitable vendors to assess their products and services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns
- Conduct research on available vendors to determine which vendors offer the best pricing, product quality and capability/scalability.
- Build a relationship with clients and vendors, helping all team members to ensure their continued, enthusiastic involvement in the process. Communicated with related team members periodically and solicit feedback on vendors.
- Ensure all launches are ready on time in full and production are met with company quality standards
- Manage and direct regulatory and registration for new products and ensure alignment on those issues
- Liaise closely with clients and Managing Director to determine cost for raw material, sourcing components, packaging samples for all testing, timeframes and all other necessary aspects to bring a product to market successfully
- Partner with all other project members to ensure coordinated, smooth product launches and the building of the brand
- Create relationships with suppliers to ensure timeline management and ownership of all critical dates, including regular communication and relationship management with manufacturer
- Partner with marketing team to ensure products meet its brand purpose and philosophy
- Partner with Project Management to help develop appropriate timelines for all products
- Continually monitor its industry and others for trend direction, new ingredients or partner possibilities.
- Help to ensure all launches are ready, on time and in full. Develop appropriate timelines for all products.
- Performs other duties or tasks assigned by the Management as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree: or its equivalent experience in Business, Product Design, or related field.
EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Minimum 3+ years product development experience, including small-lot production at start-up company
- Minimum 3+ years product development process, phasing detail design, validation, testing, quality check, and mass production
- 3 years of experience in consumer market
- Demonstrated skills in project management and knowledge of new product development life cycle
- Knowledge of Regulatory and International Product Registrations
- Ability to execute under accelerated time frames and quickly adapts to change in priorities
- Proven excellence in the leadership and execution, with strong commercial acumen and experience in P&L management
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret extensive data to make actionable recommendations to the business
- Capability to play a strategic role with the leadership team to provide operational strategies for continuous growth and process improvement
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to build successful relationships with both internal and external teams, both locally and globally
- Excellent team building skills with proven results building and leading highly effective teams in agile environments
- Proficient computer skills and experience producing written reports, using MS Office tools