Our client is the world leader in wholesale design, production, andof fine home furnishings, home & garden, strategic licensed products, and fashion accessories. They design, manufacture, and distribute products to retailers around the world.
Product Development Line Manager Job description
JOB TITLE: Product Development Line Manager
REPORTS TO: SVP of Product Development & Sourcing
The Product Manager is responsible for driving product strategy, product development priorities, and product release plans. This responsibility will exist throughout the product life cycle from initial idea through development, launch, ongoing operations and expansion of product. This position requires close interaction with graphics team, product marketing, and sales teams, as well as key customers. RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Define the product strategy and road map.
- Deliver market research and product specifications.
- Be the link between sales, production, customer service, and technical support teams.
- Manage all steps of product life cycle and report performance to the leadership team.
- Ensure on-time execution of new products to meet release deadlines.
- Coordinate efforts throughout the product process including R&D, Sourcing, Design, and product development.
- Coordinate catalog and retail execution plans with Marketing team.
- Work with planning and allocation to recommend actions to VP of product development.
- Develop seasonal plans and inventory analysis.
- Analyze on order for new product.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant product development experience (in a related industry preferred)
- Strong proficiency in MS Office – (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent priorities and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion for the product categories – including home décor, personal accessories and gifts.
- Demonstrated success in a specialized product line.
- Proven experience sourcing, pricing, packaging and merchandising gifts and accessories that make a statement in the marketplace.
- Ability to travel internationally 4-6 weeks/year.
- Bilingual with the ability to communicate in English and Mandarin (preferred).