Large International Manufacturing Company located in Novi Michigan is looking for a Product Development Engineer to support the creation of mechanical and electrified driveline, powertrain and chassis systems..
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in partnership with global Mechatronics Engineering and Program Management teams to develop and bring to market innovative electrified driveline and transmission products
- Work directly with customers leading discussions to define product specifications as well as assisting them with product integration and development through production
- Active role in transmission engineering design and development
- Lead generation of all engineering/quality documentation (DFMEA, DVP&R, BD, PD, SDS, Functional Safety, etc.)
- DVP&R management, test oversight, and data analysis
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in the design & development of drivetrain / powertrain & chassis products
- Experience designing drivetrain and/or electrified systems/subsystems considered
- Knowledge and experience with planetary gearing, electromechanical systems, and electric motors
- Working knowledge of vehicle CAN control systems and functional integration of driveline components
- Working knowledge of drivetrain manufacturing/ assembly, end of line testing, and vehicle assembly methods.
- Awareness of ISO26262 / Functional Safety and Requirements management
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.