We are looking for a Product Development Engineer to join our team! This role is responsible for activities involved in the design, development, manufacture, test, and delivery of new refrigeration products in a highly customized manufacturing operation. You will be part of cross functional teams aimed at providing technical expertise and problem solving in the development and support of projects while meeting continuous improvement goals in the areas of Safety, Quality, and Cost. This position will serve Client's division manufacturing facility located in Scottsboro, AL; the engineer may prefer to work from our Duluth, GA business unit offices rather than the Scottsboro, AL manufacturing site but must be willing to travel up to 50% of the time (depending on assigned project needs).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Coordinate the design, development, manufacture, test and delivery of refrigeration products.
- Work closely with the project team to assure sound engineering principles and science are employed in the product design; provide technical expertise, application guidance, and problem solving solutions.
- Work cross-functionally with team members from purchasing, sales, manufacturing, accounting, and test laboratory ensure successful completion of the project within the time, cost and budget requirements.
- Evaluate products to determine adherence to customer expectations, marketing requirements, accepted industry design practices, performance requirements, cost targets, reliability targets, and manufacturability.
- Design products taking into consideration such factors as availability, material, weight, reliability, scheduling and compliance with customer or contractual requirements. Make decisions on design factors affecting overall design and submit analysis of design problems.
- Contribute to product innovation and technical excellence.
- Prepare progress reports to management covering all phases of the project including technical development.
- Participate in the process of solving field and production problems that require design changes, material substitutions, etc.
- Prepare contractual correspondence and reports, including records of drawings released, material lists, trouble reports, changes in service and performance data.
- Represent company to government agencies, outside vendors and other representatives as required.
WHAT YOU NEED
Click here to apply online
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Working knowledge of UL/CSA requirements, engineering/manufacturing change processes, vapor compression, and heat transfer principles
- Experience with ERP/MRP engineering functions
- Excellent communication, coordination, and presentation skills for interface with coworkers, managers, and customers