International Steel Manufacturer is looking for a Product Automation Engineer. This position will focus on all Level 2 operations in their mills, as well as collaborating with other facilities.
- Demonstrate compliance to Health & Safety system policies, procedures, and requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring, maintaining, and improving Level 2 system performance which includes: troubleshooting issues, improving process model accuracy and reliability, improving operational efficiency, and accuracy of databases.
- Work closely with Operations, Maintenance, and Technical groups to continuously improve the accuracy and reliability of automated process models.
- Coordinate with the I.T. department, as well as Finance, Purchasing, and Quality groups to insure automated process data is accurately uploaded to Business Level Systems.
- Collect process data, reduce it statistically, evaluate and apply results to process improvements in terms of Level 2 models, process efficiency, and process reliability.
- Investigate process performance and Quality issues as required to support Root Cause investigations and development of corrective actions and countermeasures.
- Support mill operations on weekends and off-hours on a rotational basis.
- Work with various Continuous Improvement and Problem-Solving multi-discipline teams to positively impact Key Performance Indicators and profitability.
- Adheres to compliance with all Company, Business, Ethics, and other Human Resource Polices.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- S. degree (or higher) in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering from an accredited College or University. (Computer Science degree is preferred.)
- Minimum five years of experience in with Hot-Rolling in a flat-rolled ferrous or non-ferrous metal manufacturing preferred.
- Familiar with VMS C++/FORTRAN programing systems
- Familiar with Messaging structures and system architecture: GE/Covverteam/Alstorm IPM
- Familiar with TCP/IP programming both at a Berkley sockets and at a SYS$QIO system level programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of translating complex concepts into comprehensive or simplistic terms turning novice level resources into functional users.
- Knowledge of object oriented programming and procedural programming technology.
- Proficient in the widespread use of software including MS Office products.
- Ability to collect process data, reduce it statistically, evaluate and apply the results to the process improvements in terms of Level 2 models, process efficiencies, and process reliability.