Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg is looking for a high performing Product Assurance Specialist to join our development team. This is a full-time/permanent position.
The successful applicant will work in a team environment supporting Space Business products. The Product Assurance Specialist is responsible for ensuring that products delivered to our customers conform to the contractual PA plan and project requirements.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Flexible work hours
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- On-site gym
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Essential Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Prepare Product Assurance, Quality Assurance, Safety, Contamination Control, Configuration Management related plans and procedures
- Verify technical documentation for compliance to Product Assurance (PA) and contractual requirements
- Plan and lead Supplier Audits and Customer Audits to ensure that they are delivering to the applicable PA plan and contractual requirements
- Organize, chair, and support product milestone reviews (e.g. Design Reviews, Test Readiness Reviews) including review of data packs, submission of review item discrepancies, and supporting the engineering team in determining an appropriate review outcome
- Chair and/or support Non-Conformance Review Boards ensuring effective and appropriate resolution of the issues
- Manage/support resolution of major Non-Conformances per the process defined in the PA plan
- Manage, process and obtain customer approval of supplier RFD, and RFWs with relevant engineering support
- Chair and/or support Materials and Process Control Boards including facilitating processing approvals of supplier EEE parts and associated parts approval documents with the support of relevant technical experts
- Support mandatory inspection points (MIPs) for supplier hardware as needed, involving review of documentation, general verification of the build status and overall inspection
- Facilitate processing approvals of supplier materials, parts and processes
- Review internal manufacturing plans for electrical and mechanical assemblies to ensure they meet the contractual PA plan and internal company work instructions
- Support System Safety related activities
- Review current processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency and product quality
- Develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a team
Position Requirements / Qualifications
- Post-secondary education in Electrical/Electronics or Mechanical Engineering from a recognized College or University
- Experience in a project-led design and development environment
- Good written, interpersonal and customer presentation skills
- Able to motivate and influence individuals, and the team, in order to deliver projects to the specific customer PA requirements
- Able to work within a dynamic, project-led, fast-turnaround, multi-functional environment
- Eligible for Canadian Controlled Goods Registration
- Eligible for Security Clearance to “NATO Secret” level
- Experience in the space industry or similar, high reliability, engineering environment, ideally with a high level of exposure to Product Assurance
- Eligibility for enrollment as an “Engineer in Training” or “Professional Engineer” with APEGM is considered an asset
- Experience / working knowledge of EEE Components or Materials & Processes is beneficial
- Knowledge of aerospace manufacturing processes, techniques, and systems
- Experience with quality, safety, and environmental management systems
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Space related standards including AS9100
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- The candidate shall be able to think and solve problems efficiently and independently
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized; good project / time management skills
- Good people skills; able to motivate individuals and the team
- Ability to facilitate consensus among stakeholders with divergent short term goals
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.