The position is responsible for defining and implementing the resin strategy collaboratively across the company for cost savings, cash savings, customer service, innovation, risk management and contract negotiation and execution.
The ideal candidate will have the following;
- Developing global and regional Sourcing Strategies for resin.
- Developing Strategic Partnerships with key suppliers.
- Bringing into the business opportunities from the resin supply base, including, but not limited to: innovation, continuous improvement, value chain effectiveness/improvement, etc.
- Capable of developing and maintaining systematic, analytical and results-based method for savings delivery, monitoring supplier's performance, sourcing effectiveness and communicating these results to the businesses.
- Collaborative style to work closely with the businesses to create a strategic vision for the company as well as driving procurement synergies to achieve cost savings and value add across all business units.
- Lead negotiation efforts on purchase agreements and vendor contracts with a bias for achievement of quality, delivery, cost containment and process improvement.
- Develop and implement feedback mechanisms to determine customer satisfaction levels; respond to issues and concerns; lead business review meetings and collaborate with teams in managing alliance supplier efforts.
- Analyzes Resin curve data to accurately forecast swings in price increases and decreases.
- Develop comparison models for various feedstock or index based contracts
- Developing and analyzing hedging strategies
- Conduct complex market and internal data analysis to ensure alliance supplier performance; identify maverick spend and additional contract utilization opportunities.
- Develop and manage project-specific procurement plans
- Leverage volume across major spend items, driving leveraging process at the highest possible level and identify leveraging opportunities
- Lead implementation and management of agreements/contracts
- Ensure continuity of supply to facilities through effective risk management practices.
- Work to continually improve suppliers' performance
Click here to apply online
- 5-10 years of commodity buying experience in a large, internationally scaled, multi-plant manufacturing organization.
- Experience in managing spends of at least $25M per year in direct materials and driven by commodity markets.
- Forecasting general experience