Magellan Aerospace (North American Regional Office)
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace’s North American Regional Office has an exciting new opportunity for a Procurement Manager. The successful incumbent for this position will be responsible to prepare, present and execute a comprehensive procurement cost reduction strategy. Applying category expertise, knowledge of procurement techniques and market insight to deliver effective and value for money procurement solutions. The Procurement Manager will be responsible to prepare and lead supplier contract negotiations representing multiple Magellan locations in North America. They will also be a key team member of an ERP implementation and considered a subject matter expert (SME)in Procurement.
- Implement approved procurement strategies to deliver targeted benefits and financial savings. Investigate opportunities for broader savings and cost reductions, along with establishing new processes and best practice.
- Preparation of category reviews and insights to secure supply and maintain the most competitive pricing at all times. Analytical support in the form of market data and competitive
- reviews providing insights on category opportunities, pricing and promotional strategy.
- Identify potential risk in the supply base and prepare and act on risk mitigation plans as required.
- Lead and drive procurement cost reduction initiatives
- Design and deliver against performance metrics, including supply, cost and quality
- Provide guidance, and support regarding procurement best practices, while identifying and assessing potential risk
- Develop, manage and leverage key supplier relationships
- Maintain a high level of communication to internal customers at all times and lead the Procurement Council as required.
- Work closely with Business Development as required to support proposal activity and to ensure
- Procurement is aligned with the future needs of the business
- Be a key team member and considered a subject matter expert in Procurement as it applies to an ERP, SAP implementation
- Conduct business in an ethical manner at all times
- A degree in Business, Supply Chain or Engineering and an MBA is preferred
- SCMA and/or CPIM certified
- PMP certified
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience within a highly technical manufacturing environment
- Proven track record in introducing and developing processes to achieve cost reduction and efficiency in the business
- Previous experience and exposure to an ERP implementation
- Moderate travel within North America will be required
- Computer literacy (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Data analysis skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)