This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Company’s primary goal for your position is to utilize your skills as our Procurement Manager (PMr), aka Purchasing Agent / Buyout Process GURU in the support of overall Contracting and workflow across the organization for all variations of assignments, large and small.
The basic function of the PMr is to procure, expedite subcontracts, suppliers, and schedule deliveries of materials and services to jobsite. The Procurement Manager develops and maintains relationships with subcontractors and suppliers. This includes evaluating subcontractor qualifications and financial capabilities. The Procurement department generally prepares, negotiates and awards all subcontracts, and purchase orders.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Buyout Process
- Budget Loaded Scheduling
- Buying Reporting & Forecasting
- Job Startup Deliver Construction Excellence
- Client & Sub Relations
- Before construction, the Procurement department reviews contract documents including drawings, specifications and special requirements established by preconstruction. This department then determines how the work should be broken down and purchased in order to obtain competitive pricing. The PMr must have good knowledge of the market place, potential labor or material shortages, and resources of each subcontractor.
- The Procurement department also works closely with the project manager, superintendent and project engineer and provides support throughout the course of the project by:
- Evaluating financial capabilities of subcontractors
- Maintaining current insurance certificates and performance and payment bonds
- Assisting in expediting materials
- Assisting in resolving subcontractor issues
- Prepare and execute procurement strategies.
- Determine on a project by project basis with Leadership team what scopes of work will be purchased.
- Review and write subcontractor scopes of work identified.
- OWN the Vetting Trade Partners Core Process.
- Negotiate and procure subcontracts, rentals, and any other project costs to Fiorilli Construction.
- Once a price has been negotiated and approved by DOP the PMr will prepare the draft subcontract in Procore.
- Once the construction schedule has been developed by OPS the PMr will assist in developing a cost loaded schedule that will be reviewed by OPS and BM for acceptance.
- Manage national accounts – negotiate terms and rates.
- Develop knowledge of cost of goods sold and their values.
- Train and become Procore procurement GURU for all Procore related procurement modules.
- Build strong relationships with subcontractors & vendors.
- Setup the CBD report and populate regularly. Review with DOP prior to issuing the report to the project team.
- Setup the project setup sheet and populate the baseline budget/ cost of goods sold and review with the DOP prior to issuing the report to the team.
- Maintain and implement construction proforma / budget for each project
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers
- Issue purchase orders for procurement and expedition of materials and equipment for jobs
- Meet subcontractors and suppliers on-site as necessary
- Ensure compliance to project budgets and provide analysis of deviations
- Ensure accurate takeoffs to ensure budgets are accurate
- Research new materials for design and cost savings
- Maintain subcontractor and supplier insurance policies
- Develop and implement Procurement strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Establish new relationships with subcontractors and suppliers to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in ensuring awareness and company compliance to all building codes and local construction guidelines
- Assist in maintaining company quality control program
- Leverage technology, safety measures, and information sharing to increase productivity and profitability
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes
- Forecast upcoming demand
- Maintain sub/supplier information on company online management systems
- Manage materials/equipment inventory
- Assist in developing and write larger scopes of work for projects bidding.
- Backstopping: Assist Precon if necessary with Estimating Responsibilities during overflow/peak periods
- Backstopping: Project Management assignments if necessary during overflow/peak periods
- Resolves issues effectively—seeing real problems, being comfortable with conflict, calling out the problems, and solving the problems in a practical and healthy manner. Ensures the leadership team is healthy, functional, and cohesive.
- Effectively collaborates and stays on the same page with team members
- Exemplifies and upholds our core values: Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships, OWN IT, Integrity in all we Do, Always a Pro, Cutting edge Cool People.
- Exemplifies and upholds our Core Focus: Delivering Construction Excellence via Building Synergistic Authentic Relationships
Fiorilli Construction, Inc. offers cutting edge competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, a collaborative work environment, and so much more.
- Preferred to have a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a large scale professional commercial construction environment
- Strong accountability, problem solving for the greater good, and the ability to maintain solid relationships
- Strong attention to detail in conjunction with excellent communication skills
- Cutting edge technical savvy skills are preferred.