Bull City Talent’s direct client is looking for a Procurement Media and Print Lead to set the strategic direction for M&S categories including Media, Print, Advertising Agencies, Market Research, Speakers, and KOL’s. The position will partner with the Procurement Regional Leads to drive productivity through the strategic sourcing, process automation and value capture process and requires a deep experience, expertise working across indirect service categories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or supply chain
- At least 5-8 years of Procurement experience with a large company
- At least 5 years of experience sourcing large dollar amount indirect categories of spend
- Proven experience creating and deploying policies, guidelines and digital automation for Print, Market Research, Speakers & KOL’s spend categories, where no discipline or standardization exists.
- Drive strong stakeholder alignment with business leaders in Marketing and Sales to influence the future state for maximum value and productivity.
- Fully understand business needs and ensure buy-in and successful implementation of Procurement solutions.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to deliver strategic value, while ensuring operational compliance to category strategies to optimize buying position.
- The strategic vision of Global Indirect Procurement is to optimize category strategy compliance, supplier innovation and supplier consolidation of >50% by 2023.
- Will have point responsibility for leading the sourcing process from strategy development and supplier selection through contract negotiation and ongoing relationship management with other functions.
- Will work closely with key stakeholders on a daily basis.
- Deliver more than $7.5M per year in cost improvement, avoidance and demand management.
- Drive process improvement and supplier consolidation across Media, Print, Market Research, Advertising Agencies, Speakers, and KOL’s.
- Demonstrated examples of taking bold leadership to drive organizational change
- Understanding value chains and associated cost drivers
- Ownership of Global category strategies and playbooks operationalized
- Proven interpersonal skills especially in conflict situations and collaborates effectively with internal and external teams
- Proven skills in negotiating and understanding of commercial law
- Ability to network and influence and drive organizational change even beyond area of direct responsibility and across all levels of management and multiple regions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set direction, manage commitments
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate commercial and legal terms with suppliers to protect best interests.
- Leverages broad network (internally & externally) to maintain market knowledge & best practice awareness
- Demonstrated business acumen; good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong data analysis and excel skills
- eSourcing Tool experience and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing global third-party relationships including management/oversight, supplier and/or supplier selection, negotiation, contracting and problem resolution skills
- Overnight domestic and international travel is possible (20%)