This position is responsible for overseeing the cost-effective procurement of technical equipment and materials for construction projects.
This position will manage supplier performance in terms of quality, cost, delivery and responsiveness to client needs.
- Review the RFP, Technical Drawings, Design Specifications, FSAR, Engineering Codes from clients, and specify the technical and quality requirements to the procurement
- Evaluate and analyze technical data designs, preliminary specifications, and availability of parts and equipment for each project
- Lead the procurement and sourcing of equipment for each construction projects
- Prepare BOM/Request for quotation (RFQ) to suppliers based on requirements from customers
- Analyze vendor BOMs for exclusions and/or substitutions. Review, compare, and package all BOMs for exact requirements
- Lead negotiation with suppliers for a best price and set terms and conditions as per the company’s policy
- Create technical documents by collecting technical and testing data for clients to obtain approvals from the US Government
- Manage the procurement process and ensure on-time deliveries. Expedite orders when necessary.
- Conduct QA and confirm that the supplier products(s) meet specifications and requirements of the US Armed Force; compare and confirm that the terms described in drawings, specifications and the product catalogue match the suppliers’ qualifications
- Conduct technical adjustments of equipment to improve efficiency. Review and analyze the impact of those adjustments
- Manages the change order process, participating in or directly negotiating change orders or disputes of contract obligations, collaborates Corporate Counsel on unique conditions and/or situations
[Client / Supplier Relationships]
- Manage client relationships by building a professional rapport, following up consistently and by maintaining ongoing contact and communication
- Manage supplier performance in terms of quality cost, delivery and responsiveness to client needs
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships with existing and new suppliers and contractors to leverage the supply base and foster continuous competition to generate benefits for the company
- Set-up vendor management program focused on service, quality, logistics and delivery for materials to improve vendor relationship
[Team Management and Improvement]
- Define and set clear and challenging Key Performance Indicators for the department aligned with company goals and objectives
- Manage supply activities related, proactively identify constraints & highlight potential risks.
- Create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- Manage and optimize inventory through balancing the requirements of customer service, cash and cost
- Manage the approval process for purchasing documents, ensure proper approvals and archive approvals.
- Attend regional purchasing meetings to develop policies & procedures for the company
- Create monthly and weekly procurement reports
- Attend corporate and HQ meetings to discuss internal issues and propose ideas and changes for the benefit of the company
- Drive ongoing value creation with the supply base and identify and manage strategic business relationships
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing and training employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Performs other duties as assigned by senior management as necessary