Location: Redwood City
Type/Hours: Contract (thru September)
Rate: $29.37 DOE
The Procurement Coordinator works under the direction of the Senior Contracts Manager to support procurement services by contracting for uniforms, linens, printing & marketing as well as actively managing contracted vendors. Maintain productive client and vendor relationships, and provide excellent customer service to client groups.
• Commodity Management including but not limited to Uniforms, Linens, Printing, and Marketing.
• Support/backup for Fixtures, Furniture & Equipment Coordinator including but not limited to furnishings & equipment, logistics and installation for student residents and food service operations.
• Identify potential vendors, prepare Request for Quotations (RFQ), Requests for Proposals (RFP), conduct site visits, obtain bids, prepare and evaluate bids and negotiate with suppliers.
• Award and administer purchase requisitions through completion.
• Monitor supplier performance for cost, schedule and compliance with associated terms and conditions.
• Assist the requesting organization in developing Statements of Work, identifying sources and in performing overall procurement acquisition planning for the project by developing needs analysis and forecasting for programmatic procurements.
• Resolve contractual issues by interacting with various requesters, suppliers, senior level program management personnel.
• Work with contract types including fixed price and possibly cost reimbursable.
• Support procurement initiatives and strategic sourcing; drive to achieve continuous improvement in procurement process.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree with two years of experience in performing the above listed duties or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience partnering with internal customers, learning/understanding business needs and providing excellent customer service. (required)
• Demonstrated ability to communicate well both orally and in writing. (required)
• Knowledge of market conditions, trade practices, sources and lead time a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (required) and PeopleSoft/Oracle/SAP (a plus).
• Experience negotiating and administering contracts with unusual and moderately complex terms and conditions a plus.
• Demonstrated experience in working with various methods of contract types such as Firm Fixed Price, Cost Reimbursement, Time and Materials, Personal Services Agreements and Basic Ordering Agreements a plus.