Procurement Contracts Specialist (fixed-term)
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term Procurement Contracts Specialist role at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a fixed-term Procurement Contracts Specialist role at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, MB. This will be a fixed term until October 2023, with full-time hours (40 hours per week).
The Procurement Contracts Specialist will provide contractual support to the Procurement group through the development of Vendor Agreements, flowdown of customer contractual terms, management of the SER/NDA process for procurement, and management of the Export Regulations applicable to all ITAR and Export Controlled products being purchased.
- Development and Negotiation of Master Service Agreements (MSA’s), Long Term agreements (LTA’s) and Contracts for production, capital equipment and operations.
- Flowdown and execution of all customer contracted terms and conditions to the vendor base.
- Ensuring that renewals are done prior to the expiration of existing contracts.
- Management of the procurement non-disclosure agreement process.
- Managing SERs to ensure vendors are approved prior to order placements
- Working closely with the Procurement team and with Procurement Quality team to process SERs.
- Management of the Procurement Export and ITAR Regulations for all procured goods and services.
- Responsible for the implementation and audit compliancy of all FAR / DFAR / DEFSTAN requirements to support government regulated requirements.
- Assistance and support of the Commercial group through new contractual terms and conditions negotiations.
- Assist Corporate/sister companies with their Contractual requirements.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Commerce Degree or Business Administration Diploma.
- Strong academic background in Business and Contracts Law.
- 8 to 10 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years in a contracts position and a minimum of 3 years in negotiating and structuring contracts.
- Experience in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment will be considered an asset.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
- People and Resource Management Experience will be considered an asset.
- Competitive salary
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.