This position is responsible for ensuring that all jobs are set up properly, have obtained and maintain optimum production efficiency. Additionally, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that the production shift is being run with optimal labor, maximizing production levels while maintaining product quality.
- Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) as defined by practices, policies and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to insure that FDA regulations are met.
- Troubleshoot the molding process and record all process changes.
- All changes must be logged.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to production.
- Maintain required quality and quantity of production and ensure that process is running within cycle.
- Start up and shut down machines as required.
- Ensure proper set up procedures are being followed and verify completion of set up to manufacturing.
- Set up for production.
- Immediately communicate any press, mold, or quality issues to appropriate departments.
- Recommend improvements in equipment, layout, production methods, material handling, and documentation.
- Ensure start-up shots are submitted to QA for approval prior to start of production.
- Maintain and promote a safe and hazard free work environment. Follow all safety procedures and guidelines. This includes wearing personal protective equipment as required (ie: eye protection, hearing protection, gloves, gowns, hairnets, etc.)
- Be capable of working overtime as required.
- Routine daily maintenance of work area to ensure that it is neat, clean, and organized to the approval of your immediate supervisor. Discard purging’s in the designated trashcans. Put away your tools and equipment when a job is complete. Pick up scrap parts; do not leave them on the floor or under the machine. Do not allow a machine to run parts on the floor.
- Understand and participate in 5S activities as assigned by your supervisor.
- Must be able to accurately complete advanced molding exercises such as, but not limited to: viscosity curve, gate freeze, dynamic and static check ring analysis, linear repeatability test, and others as assigned by Engineering or Production Manager.
Click here to apply online
- Excellent processing skills of all types of plastic materials
- Basic understanding of the hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic systems that make molds operate
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and written in English
- Excellent time management skills
- Engineering skills preferred