Magellan Aerospace, Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Level 2 Process Operator.
- Full Time permanent position
- 37 hours per week to start
- Job location: Rackery Lane, Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
The successful candidate will be working in a surface treatments environment for aircraft parts, ensuring visual inspection of parts for damage and full treatments coverage. Completing paperwork to provide that processes have been followed and working to SOP’s and 6 s standards will be a part of the core duties as well.
- Verify parts are correct to the job card.
- Load/unload various parts onto jigs manually, using a crane or fork lift truck.
- Process aircraft parts through various treatments processes (chromic anodising etc).
- Visually inspect parts for damage and to ensure the treatments process has been successful.
- Interpret, follow and read engineering drawings and SOPs without supervision.
- Directly and proactively suggest improvements to processes particularly with new product introduction within the customer specification.
- Process and make recommendations regarding quality issues.
- Liaise with quality, production and engineering teams to improve quality.
- Escalate to a team leader when non-conforming product has been identified.
- Support with problem solving root cause and corrective action activities.
- Attend daily SQCDP meetings, and feedback information as required.
- Carry out load plans within agreed time scales to meet sales targets.
- Ensure all monitoring and measuring equipment is within calibration before use. Escalate any out of calibration equipment to the inspection team leader.
- Maintain high standards of 6S and directly offer improvements.
- Carry out operations safely with regard to own and others safety and dispose of waste correctly
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth and generous learning budget
- Mobile phone/gym membership and other employee discounts
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee advantages scheme
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement
- Long Service Awards
- Free parking
Academic: Fork lift/combi lift or crane licence is an advantage
Professional Accreditations: None required
Experience: Aerospace parts manufacture including treatments
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Communication skills
Other Skills/ Abilities/ Personal Attributes:
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- Reporting skills
- Problem solving skills
- Good IT skills
- Work well under pressure
- Working on own initiative
- Strong quality focus
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!