Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a Process Operator Level 1 - Masker
- An average of 42 hours per week – 12 hours shifts
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
Our succesful candidates will be responsible for masking aircraft components to allow various processing to include Anodising, Vac blast & painting to customer specification
Perks and Benefits
- A company culture that promotes work life balance
- Access to mental health support
- Business performance related bonus
- Career development opportunities
- Commitment to continued learning and development
- Perkbox - includes monthly treats and discounts from selected restaurants, cinemas, shops etc
- Long Service Awards
- Enhanced Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- To provide masking of aircraft components to specification from engineering drawings to the appropriate quality standards
- To cross check the job card has been completed with the appropriate process operation prior to masking and to escalate to the line manager if found to be incorrectly processed
- Requires a degree of concentration to enable correct interpretation of engineering drawings in order to make judgement as to which masking process is appropriate to follow
- Prepare the part for masking involving degreasing and cleansing to a suitable standard to allow further chemical processing
- To be responsible for decision making and cross checking the part has been correctly processed prior to masking and escalate to Line Manager as required as failure to do so may result in disruption to processes.
- Completion of job card post-masking using approved quality stamp confirm the masking is to customer specification.
- Carry out operations safely with regard to own and others safety and dispose of waste correctly
- To operate according to company health, safety and environmental standards for self and visitors.
- To maintain the company wide 6S standards in the area.
- The job requires a basic level of education and numeracy.
- The job requires a significant amount of on the job training to gain sufficient knowledge to appreciate the variety of masking techniques and methods
- The job will require limited knowledge of the chemical treatment processes post masking in order to select the appropriate method (training provided)
- The job requires the ability to be able to understand engineering drawings to enable the masking to the correct specification (training provided)
- To work on own initiative with minimal supervision with the exception of escalation of issues to the Line Manager.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!