A major American steel manufacturer has an opening for a Process Metallurgist at one of their mills in the Great Lakes area.
- Responsible for determining the root causes of nonconforming material, ensuring the quality of any products processed in the appropriate operating unit and developing and implementing the best processes to improve material conformance
- Investigates sources of nonconforming materials. Initiates containment actions for potentially rejected materials.
- Analyzes process variables in order to reduce rejections and/or variation through corrective actions.
- Performs dock audits of units that ship materials to customers. Investigates any customer issues or claims that pertain to processing of material in the Metallurgist's assigned area.
- Analyzes data using statistical analysis, statistical process and quality control, designed experiments and trial orders.
- Implements procedural and/or standard changes that will result in better performance.
- Analyzes reject data and investigates sources of rejected materials.
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgy, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or related field required
- Related metallurgy experience preferred
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and leadership abilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint