Title: Process Engineering Manager
Reports to: Director of Manufacturing
Department: Technical Center/Process Engineering
Under the direction of the Director of Manufacturing, the Process Engineering Manager is responsible for the development of new processes, developing capabilities for the latest molding technologies, complete trials for molds, materials and processes, assist in resolving all mold and mold processing issues. In addition this individual will evaluate and make recommendations for key processing equipment, molding processes and maintain an in depth working knowledge of the latest molding technologies. The Processing Engineering Manager will work directly with the Engineering, Mold Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and Manufacturing departments to ensure new processes and molded parts meet all required specifications determined by company and our customers. This will be achieved by maintaining companies IATF16949/ISO9001 Quality and ISO14001 EMS certifications by supporting all corporate policies, procedures, work instructions and required documentation.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels to execute the functions of the department effectively
- Ensure that employees comply with all Health, Safety and Regulatory programs
- Managerial responsibilities to include time and attendance, completing performance/competency evaluations, competency/training logs, providing feedback, motivation, training, and disciplinary actions for employees in assigned department(s)
- Help coordinate mold revisions and repairs to prototype and new molds. Collaborate with Part Design to optimize part design for processing.
- Assist with recommendations for corrective actions to the Engineering department, Mold Manufacturing dept. and the Tool Engineering dept for all existing molds, new mold, prototype molds and related processing issues.
- Act as a liaison between Quality Assurance and Manufacturing departments for mold and process related issues.
- Help sample and evaluate all prototype molds, new molds, resins, and equipment.
- Assist the Director of Manufacturing to include: evaluating training needs for the Process Engineers and Process Technicians, evaluating process capabilities, evaluate and make recommendation on key process related equipment and implementing cost saving projects. R& D support of new development of new materials
- Develop and maintain FMEA's/PFMEA's on new and existing products.
- Assist in maintaining companies IATF16949/ISO14001 certification by supporting: Corporate policies, procedures, and required documentation.
- Develop and maintain key metrics and documentation for all processes within the department
- Other Functions
- Serve as an active member on the Material Committee.
- Become an active participant in the Group Standards and Technical meetings.
- Support other various processing continuous improvement efforts
- Other duties as assigned.
- Complete understanding of FEMA's/PFEMA's.
- Core understanding of tool requirements (APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA)
- Ability to conduct DOE's and record the results.
- Ability to read and interpret SPC and DOE data and results.
- Able to lead, motivate, and train assigned personnel.
- Thorough understanding of Scientific Injection Molding Principles.
- Working knowledge of QA lab testing equipment
- Good understanding and working knowledge of mold construction and mold set-up
- Thorough knowledge of sequence and capabilities on injection molding machines
- Thorough knowledge of the operation of all auxiliary equipment
- Thorough understanding of the effects of each machine control on the behavior to the process
- Ability to troubleshoot and identify causes of processing problems
- Scheduling and staffing of shifts
- Visual inspection of manufactured parts
- Forklift certified at company
Qualifications (skills, knowledge, experience)
Click here to apply online
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Associate degree required with concentration in plastic technology preferred
- Advanced experience (10 years) in all aspects of injection molding
- Working knowledge of thermoplastic processing, resin processing characteristics, mold construction, cavity construction, and gate design
- Knowledge and experience with statistical process control (SPC) and design of experiments (DOE)
- Working knowledge of FEMA's/PFEMA's
- Ability to troubleshoot processing errors
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to drive and travel domestically/internationally is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good critical thinking skills
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to work other shifts/weekends as necessary
- Minimum of 2 years prior supervisory experience
- Ability to inspect production for quality defects
- Forklift experience, preferred
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record and adequate insurance required