- Own the process for all manufacturing molding and associated operations.
- Monitor plant processes for molding machines and make detailed recommendation on how to optimize the manufacturing process.
- Develop new molding processes using scientific methods/decoupled molding. Conducts experiments to develop new state-of-the art processing methods.
- Performs root cause analysis of processing issues and leads cross-functional continuous improvement efforts and activities. Recommend tooling/equipment modifications to minimize cycle times and reduce scrap.
- Establish process specification mold qualification documents for all new projects and ensure maintained.
- Define specifications for new or improved equipment. Participate in equipment design in coordination with designers, vendors, and other engineers.
- Support new program launches, new product releases and / or process evaluations.
- Ensure the technical team is responsive to all Quality and Operator issues regarding parts and processes.
Support reduction of PPM.
- Support, mentor and provide training of Process Techs, Tooling, Maintenance and Operators.
Click here to apply online
- BS Plastics, Industrial, Mechanical, Process, or Manufacturing Engineering and 5 years of experience OR minimum 5-7 years as Process Engineer with Master Molder or equivalent certification; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years’ experience in troubleshooting injection molding equipment preferred
- Must have good knowledge regarding the design of injection molds and related equipment
- Strong Team Player with exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- This position is located in a mixed office and manufacturing environment, and may involve physical activity such as bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and sitting for long periods of time.