Process Improvement Engineer (Entry level)
United States of America
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York is looking for a full-time Process Improvement Engineer. If you love creativity, your search ends here! The job duties of a Process Improvement Engineer include Robotics application and programming, 3D design and printing of masking guides and masking material, working with cross-functional partners to identify opportunities, and implementing process improvements in surface treatments. Robotics application and programming duties include working to write, test, and modify programs that direct the actions of robotic equipment like FANUC for surface treatment applications like shot peening and painting. Additional duties will include but not limited to continuous improvement projects, masking template design/development, masking/inspection operation sheets using customer supplied using 2D drawing or captures from 3D model. Please note the pay range is $24/hr to $28/hr. Interns with a Mechanical Engineering degree and CAD knowledge will be considered at a lower starting range.
- Work with cross-functional team to identify and implement process improvement opportunities in various surface treatments
- Write, test, and maintain programs that direct the actions of robotic equipment like FANUC
- 3D design and printing of masking guides and masking material
- Masking template design/development
- Develop masking/inspection/Process operation sheets
- Use of the ERP to create/maintain process plans, bill of materials and part masters
- Assist technical process leads in developing surface treatment methodology by interpreting customer requirements, engineering data, sketches, written and verbal instructions.
- Help to ensure all 6S and Magellan Operating System goals are met.
- 2 years degree in Mechanical Engineering or 3-5 years of hands-on experience
- Training will be provided to those with a Mechanical Engineering degree and 1 year of experience in CAD.
- Portfolio: provide samples, if possible, of components previously designed or programmed
- PLC Programming, Project Management, CATIA , Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, C++, Robot Operating System (ROS), Computer-Aided Design (CAD), Ability to use measuring instruments (microscopes, gauges, calipers, and micrometers)
- Knowledge of GD&T and interpreting Engineering data
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective time-management skills.
- Ability to use ERP/MRP system
- Quality and detail oriented
- High degree of analytical and critical thinking.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team, as well as independently
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan supports public health COVID-19 guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)