Magellan Aerospace has an exciting opportunity for a full-time permanent Process Engineering Specialist at our manufacturing hub in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees by providing excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
The Process Engineering Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support for all programs requiring special processes (welding, heat treat, chemical processing, non-conventional machining, NDT, composites); preparing and maintaining Company documentation controlling special processes; train/qualify/certify special process operators; and acting as a prime contact for applicable internal and external special process audits.
- Providing material and support services pertaining to special processes required to meet customer requirements.
- Providing analysis of results from applicable test methods (Mechanical & NDT).
- Providing technical assistance in the preparation and development of operating procedures.
- Reviewing customer specifications and preparing technical documents related to process control and mechanical testing.
- Acting as the process focal for customer and external 3rd party (NADCAP) audits to attain & maintain process qualifications.
- Providing Process Improvement support / Continuous Improvement.
- Providing MRB support / failure analysis and preparing repair procedures per customer requirements.
- Establishing operator qualifications for special processes per customer requirements.
- Reviewing procedures to support approval of subcontractors.
- Successful completion of a university degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering from a recognized university or a Mechanical Engineering Technologist (MET) diploma from a recognized technical college.
- Knowledge of special processing required for aerospace components.
- Knowledge of aerospace materials (metallic & composite).
- Knowledge of aerospace test methods (mechanical & NDT).
- Experience in the preparation and development of technical documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Personal computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous aerospace special processes experience will be considered an asset.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive (FLEX) benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Company social events including Company BBQ, children's events, service awards day, winter holiday party and many other events put together by our social committee!
- Employee Social & Welfare Association
- Employee discounts on tickets to certain sporting events and other entertainment/events
- On-site gym
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible work hours
- Full cafeteria with healthy daily specials
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Each employee and visitor who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms. Masks are mandatory in all of our shared public areas of the workplace and employees are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief.