An American steel manufacturer has an opening for a Process Engineering Manager in their Cold Mill/Quality department
The Process Engineering Manager will be responsible for supervising and directing a team of engineers tasked with driving profitability via optimization of processes to improve product quality and consistency.
- Provide technical leadership and process variable analysis to improve overall performance in process control and product quality in the Cold Mill, Roll Grinding, Material Movement, and Electrical Finishing.
- Provide technical expertise in process requirements for new products and develop evaluation methods. Be aware of the latest technology that may be applicable to our operation.
- Lead the departments in meeting all quality objectives.
- Evaluate process changes made at in the departments to assure no negative impacts to cost, process consistency, quality, or product integrity.
- Direct the activities of Process Engineer(s) to satisfy and exceed customer requirements. This may include assigning projects and requiring technical reports and analysis of quality information.
- Collaborate with Research to effectively manage plant trials.
- Discuss evaluation of samples and improvements in the operation from a quality and productivity standpoint with Product Metallurgy and Research.
- Work with outside suppliers of raw materials and equipment to improve the processes in the departments.
- Be able to provide assistance and direction under upset conditions to provide the departments with appropriate direction to best protect the overall quality of the final product.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or technical discipline
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in engineering or technical management role in heavy manufacturing
- Extremely strong organizational, analytical, planning and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize multiple issues and produce viable solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written