PURPOSE: The Process Engineer will provide support and technical leadership in improved product quality, productivity and reduced costs at this paperboard and specialty paper operation in the Great Lakes region.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform as a leader providing technical support and training to guide changes to plant process and procedures in order to reduce process variability, improve product performance in customer plants, reduce manufacturing costs and improve operating efficiency.
- Facilitate the continuous improvement process by facilitating meetings, evaluating recommendations, planning and facilitating the implementation of changes, tracking activities and reporting progress
- Collect, Record, and Analyze Process Data
- Identify opportunities to improve existing procedures and workflow processes
- Participate in downtime maintenance and readiness planning and project management activities
- Provide support and training to employees to improve mill safety and housekeeping programs and procedures
- Develop and maintain materials and processes related to stock preparation, including refining, paper machine wet end, and drying
- B.S. Paper, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineer
- Previous Pulp and Paper experience is highly desirable
- Process improvement knowledge in a manufacturing environment such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc., to drive operational excellence system is a plus.
- Statistical Process Control knowledge is desired.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and meet/supersede stated objectives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively both written and verbal.
- Excellent team leadership abilities and interpersonal skills.