This position’s prime objective is to provide process information to the Production Manager and Plant Manager, and to recommend process improvements through process measurements to optimize the process equipment capacity. The Process Engineer reports to the Production Manager.
- The Process Engineer's schedules, supervises and takes part in process flow studies for all production systems on a regular basis.
- The incumbent works in close coordination with the Production Supervisors, Process Engineers, and other staff members as needed to address process concerns.
- The Process Engineer recommends process improvements including changes in process control methods or parameters.
- The incumbent plans, coordinates and oversees process changes performed during equipment outages.
- This position ensures the application of the Company's plant rules of conduct, health and safety.
- The Process Engineer is responsible for being on-call to cover plant needs.
- Prepares process flow materials & services contracts.
- Plans, designs, coordinates and schedules specific process flow improvement projects.
- Maintain records of costs on all control project work.
- Develop and implement regular system flow analysis programs.
- Conducts process training to plant personnel.
- Insures that the application of plant conduct, health and safety rules are maintained.
- Conduct/attend weekly safety meetings and inspect the department daily for unsafe working conditions and signs of equipment breakdowns in order to reduce on-the-job and eliminate lost time injuries.
- Supervises contractors on production department projects.
- Ensures work orders required by operation and safety inspections are provided to the Maintenance Planner.
- Ensures environmental compliance in area of responsibility.
PLEASE APPLY OR CONTACT LARRY STAUFFER FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AT email@example.com
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering.
- 2-3 years of cement plant experience.
- Experience in cement industry is strongly desired.